Rate: $4.00 per 1,000 words ($0.004 per word)
Note: the evaluation is based on the target word count typical of the genre you are writing in. Here’s a comprehensive Reedsy article regarding book length that may help you. Here’s a simple graphic .
The reason for this is that evaluations will include ways to increase or decrease the manuscript length and that requires a bit of brainstorming that does take time. My experience (I’ve done dozens of MEs) has shown this tends to work out to the same amount of time as a complete one that is already quite close on word count.
What you get:
- a report answering these questions
- notations throughout the manuscript
- plan for revisions.
You are welcome to ask more questions or bring up specific problems you want me to examine.
- What are the manuscripts strengths and weaknesses if I want to reach X market with this genre?
- Is my story complete?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of…
- the characterizations
- the setting
- the plot and subplot conflicts
- Is the point of view appropriate and consistent?
- Is the tense used appropriate and consistent?
- Anything else that should be revised?
If an evaluation finds a lot of problems that need big fixes, I may suggest that you go for a developmental edit next. If there are minimal issues, I’ll suggest a copy edit.